Bachelor of Computer Applications BCA is a three year full-time regular degree course in Computer Application. BCA course is very popular with the students community because of its unique and most advanced curriculum which has been designed exhaustively and has been up-dated on the basis of national workshops of reputed experts, conducted by the university. The BCA course has been considered unique among the entire BCA course being conducted at other Universities in India.
- To prepare Computer Professionals who can be directly employed.
- Be able to demonstrate a substantial understanding of concepts in key areas of computer science.
- To prepare the computer professionals with following characteristics.
- Good Communication Skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Logical and Numerical ability.
Value Added Programs :
- Certification on latest technologies like Python, Android, HADOOP, PHP, J2EE etc.
- Personality Improvement Program with Hands on Practice Tool.
- Industrial Training for Minor & Major Project.
- Live Projects and Industrial Visit Programs.
- Participation on Seminars and Workshops.
- Training of JECA for MCA Entrance Examination
Job & Future Prospects:
The range of careers in IT is immense. Some are creative and some are highly technical. Much of the work involves thinking or problem-solving. The careers opportunities can be broadly categorized under computer programmers, software developers/entrepreneurs/engineers, web designers/developers, business/system analysts, system operators, training professionals, customer/help desk support, technicians, and sales professionals.
After successful completion of BCA you can work as:
- Software Programmer
- System and Network Administrator
- Multimedia Programmer
- Web Designer
Faculty for Computer Science/Communication Technology
- Further Study
If you want to enhance your IT / Management skills, you can further join MCA / M.Sc.(IS)
We have formed Placement cell to provide placement assistance to our students. Already 80% of passed students has been placed in various leading companies and organizations.
The Department offers the following courses:
| Duration of Course
||Three Years Full-time Course
| Medium of Instruction
||The medium of instruction is English
||A pass in the 10 + 2 or equivalent examination with Mathematics, Computer Scicnce or Computer Application
| Syllabus (New)
| Head of Department
||Prof. Subrata Saha
| Fees Structure for the session 2017-2020(In Indian Rupees)
| General Instruction For Admission
All fees must be paid by Demand Draft in favour of "Techno India Hooghly" payable at Kolkata at the time of admission. Cash transaction will not be entertained in any circumstances.